In this post, we will show you How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone (Latest Information). We often see people switching from Android phones to iPhones to enjoy Apple’s best hardware and software experience. But the criticism we regularly hear from users that this change is happening, especially in places like India, is that there is no way to transfer old WhatsApp chats from your Android phone to your iPhone.
Well, WhatsApp has finally listened to our tireless request and now offers an easy way to transfer your chats from Android to iPhone. If you are someone who is looking for a solution to this problem or has relied on paid tools to move your precious chats, well, no more. In this article, we will explain how you can easily transfer your WhatsApp messages and media from Android to iPhone.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone (2022)
Before we take a look at the process of transferring WhatsApp messages from your Android phone to your iPhone, let us identify some essential requirements that you must meet to make this feature work. If you already know the basics, go through the steps of transferring WhatsApp data from one device to another:
Requirements to Move WhatsApp Messages from Android to iOS
Different kinds of things that you have to not overlook when you transfer your WhatsApp Fauve from your own Android mobile to a totally zero-charge iPhone 4. The idea is vital that you read these points carefully and thoroughly else you might mess up the transfer process.
It is advisable to the particular pursuing requirements to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone:
An Android mobile running Android 5 Lollipop and above.
iPhone managing iOS 15. 5 or later. We tried moving chats from Android to a free iPhone 4 running iOS 16 developer beta, even so, it to be able to operate our testing. It means you can transfer WhatsApp Fauve from Android to the new iPhone 4 on all iOS 12– 15 supported phones, including the new iPhone 4 13 series, iPhone dozes series, iPhone 11 series, iPhone XS/ XS Potential, iPhone SE, SE2, and SE3, and the actual new iPhone 4 XR.
A compatible WhatsApp version, i. e. iOS version 2. 22. 20. 70 or above and Android version 2. 24. 7. 74 or above.
Download the “Move to iOS“ iPhone app( Free) from the Play Store on your Android phone. Besides from WhatsApp data, the iPhone app helps you move your messages, contacts, files, and more to your new iPhone 4.
This is the main step for this method to work. You must reset your iPhone and make it up from scratch, otherwise, you simply will not be able to move your WhatsApp messages. Steps to reset the apple iPhone are explained below.
Log in to WhatsApp on iPhone using the same phone number as Android. You can not change the cell phone number while moving data.
Ever since the transfer process can take a while, especially when your WhatsApp backup is huge, you should keep both your Android mobile and iPhone plugged into a power source.
Also, you either need to hook up your devices to the same wireless network, or your Android mobile will be attached to the iPhone‘s hotspot for data transfer.
What WhatsApp Data You Can or Cannot Transfer to iPhone?
Having an official support website, WhatsApp has detailed the outcomes you’ll certainly be equipped to move from Android mobile to iPhone. We own tabulated the same good here:
|WhatsApp Data that Gets Transferred||WhatsApp Data that’s Not Transferred|
|account information||profile display name|
|profile picture||peer-to-peer payment messages|
|individual and group chats||call history|
|chat history (with media)|
How to Reset iPhone Running iOS 15 or Later
If you happen to be moving from an Android mobile phone phone to your new iPhone 4, then you are remarkable to go and can certainly move your WhatsApp fauve while putting together your Apple device the first time. However, whenever you are already implementing an iPhone and hope to bring your previous chats over from an Android mobile phone, you will first need to reset the device, seeing that explained above.
The entire techniques for resetting a new absolutely free iPhone 4 with no professional, but people help you contingency plan crucial computer data to iCloud before you begin all the process further. Once you are ready to recast your Apple device, this is how to go regarding it:
1) Opened the Settings iPhone app with your iPhone and find the way to “General–> Transfer or Reset iPhone“
minimal payments Next, pick the “Erase All Content and Settings“ option. One can find out the “Erase This iPhone“ screen, where you will want to check out “Continue“ to proceed further.
3. Therefore, enter your passcode just for confirmation, and pick the “Erase“ option after supporting up your information to iCloud. And that‘s the idea. You have got successfully reset the iPhone.
Steps to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone
Note: We currently have used the OnePlus Septentrion running Android 12 choosing based OxygenOS 12 and iPhone SE 2 managing iOS 15. 5 to test the WhatsApp info transfer feature in the following tutorial. Also, we might like to indicate side that the data included is rolling out through stages and it also hasn’t talked with Android cellphone 11( Asus ROG Cellular 5s) furthermore realizing that iOS 16 beta( iPhone X) on this end.
Now that the basic principles are out of the way, let‘s look found at tips on how to transfer WhatsApp info from an Android cellular phone to your iPhone meant for free. Ok, last one! You no longer need to get paid 3 rd choosing party tools to progress WhatsApp chats to the iPhone. Here‘s how a 100% free and official solution to switching chats from Android to iPhone works:
1) Once you have reset to zero your iPhone, start the setup process by attributes the on– tv screen instructions. Log in to the Apple account and extra, but stop when you see the “Apps as well as Data“ screen within the build-up.
2. On this panel, select the “Move Info from Android“ option( second last from the bottom ).
several. On the subsequent display, titled “Move from Android“, tap on “Continue“ to see only one a big use code you’ve got to get on from the “Go to iOS“ iPhone app on the Android– phone.
4. Now, push to your Android cellphone and open the “Move to iOS“ iPhone app( Free).
5. In the iPhone app, tap the “Continue“ press button, agree to Apple‘s words and phrases and conditions, and offer the iPhone app all the necessary permissions( location choice is essential).
six. After you your code, your Android cellular phone will wirelessly link to all your iPhone. You may be asked to settle on and in order to the apple iphone ‘s local wireless network to accomplish the pairing method.
8. When you yourself have paired both equally devices, you will learn your “Transfer Data“ option while in the “To be able to iOS“ software within your iphone 3gs. Here, simply select the “WhatsApp“ option because of the list. You will see a checkmark and the size in the WhatsApp data back up that you will end up being moving from Android to iPhone. Press the “Continue“ button to proceed.
Take note: At the same time , you will discover a message saying, “Waiting for <device style number>“ on the iPhone. Check out your screenshot in the waiting display screen via the link best here.
looking for . At this point , the “Move chats to iOS“ option in WhatsApp can show up on the screen, meaning you are a single step closer to going your messages from Android os to iPhone. Here, touch concerning the “Start“ button, implemented because of the “Next“ key once WhatsApp ends preparing your files for getting transferred.
15. Then, WhatsApp will operate its magic and begin with transferring your WhatsApp emails and media from Android os to iPhone.
Note: Be sure to stay patient as the WhatsApp data transfer course of action can take some time period. The app usually affirms 4– 5 a few minutes , but it may take on longer if your data backup is fairly large. My spouse and i moved a 1. 7 GB WhatsApp backup from Android os to iPhone, and that was a little when until around 30 a few minutes.
11. Finally, both the Android phone and iphone4 will show a “Transfer Complete“ message once the WhatsApp messages have also been successfully relocated to the Apple device.
Set up WhatsApp and Complete Data Transfer on iPhone
Today, you could set away from the Android phone and tap the “Continue Location Up iPhone“ button of your Apple device, as welcomed in the above. After that, follow the steps below to set up WhatsApp on your iPhone:
12. If you end up on the home screen, take a look at the Appstore and install WhatsApp( Free).
13– 14. Next, open WhatsApp Messenger on your iPhone, and you will see the “Move Chats from Android“ prompt right away. Tap into on the “Start“ button and give WhatsApp the necessary permissions to move messages from Android to iPhone.
14. Whenever you make it happen, you will notice WhatsApp imports our chats from the Android– phone to iPhone. This may take around 10 to 15 minutes or higher, according to the size of your data backup. You will see a “Transfer Complete“ prompt after that and can placed up your profile.
12– 15. And voila, you are done! You may have successfully transported your messages and multimedia from Android to iOS.