In this post, we will show you How to Create a Windows 11 Bootable USB Drive. By making Windows 11 flash boot, you can install Windows 11 in a very easy way, and therefore there is no need to install Windows through DVD and traditional ways. All you need to do is have a flash drive, get the free file from Microsoft, and follow the instructions below on your computer. Continue reading.
What is needed to make a flash boot?
To use the media creation tool, you need a Windows 10 or 11 computer, as well as a flash drive with 8 GB of storage space or more. You can also use an external solid-state drive (SSD) or an external hard disk (HDD) for this.
Note: Before you start flashing Windows 11, check if your computer is compatible with Microsoft Windows 11 operating system. But even if you don’t have hardware that meets Microsoft’s requirements, don’t worry, you can use the article on how to install Windows 11 on an old system.
Suggested materials for reading:
- The difference between Windows 10 and 11 – overview of the main and more important differences
- 8 solutions for Microsoft Store Windows 11, not opening
- Guide to mouse settings in Windows 11 — video and complete + training video
- Stopping programs from accessing the Internet in Windows 11 – full tutorial
- Enable Hibernate in Windows 11 — Step-by-Step Guide
How to make the flash boot
Microsoft offers a Windows 11 Flash boot application on its website that automates the process. To find this tool, scroll to the bottom of the Microsoft site (+) to see a section titled “Create Windows 11 Installation Media.” Then, at the end of this section, click on the “Download Now” option.
After the download is complete, press Ctrl + J to open the download menu in your browser. This part is different in different browsers, but eventually, you should see a file called “MediaCreationToolW11.exe”. Click on it to start the installation.
On the next page, there are several options, if you want to install Windows 11 in another language, uncheck the “Use the recommended options for this computer” section and select the language of your choice. Otherwise, click on the “Next” option.
Make sure “USB Flash Drive” is selected and then select “Next”.
Warning: Using the “Windows Media Creation Tool” will erase everything on the flash drive that you want. Before proceeding to this step, make absolutely sure that there is nothing important in the flash.
Now select the desired flash and then click on the “Next” option.
Now, wait for the media creation tool to download Windows 11 from Microsoft servers. This process may take some time depending on your internet speed. After the download is complete, select the “Finish” section.
Safely remove the flash drive from the computer by clicking the small flash icon on the Windows taskbar and then clicking the name of the flash drive.
Your Windows 11 flash boot process is now complete.
If this article was useful for you, the following tutorials and content are also recommended for you:
- How to Open the Task Manager in Windows 11 (3 Methods)
- How to Create Shutdown Shortcut in Windows 11
- How To Recover Permanently Deleted Files on Windows 10 and 11
- How to Remove Microsoft Account from Windows 11 PC
- How to Fix Memory Issues on Windows 11
- How to Enable Remote Desktop in Windows 11